PAIN IS A BOON
How Pain
becomes a boon?
Let me
illustrate it with an eg. From, my life.
This is
about a woman from our neighbor, she is in her mid 50’s, but afraid to travel alone
in the afternoon and evening times. She will ask us to accompany us till the
bus depot especially when it’s the evening time. I used to feel this lady is too illogical,
there are so many people on road … still why is she afraid. My mother is a kind
woman, she used to go to that lady to drop her. I was really irritated with her
illogical behavior.
I used
to see logic in every stuff, if I don’t understand then I don’t accept, as
simple as that. As I didn’t understand many things about life , I didn’t accept
many things. I felt life is not fair for everyone, nature is biased.
I led
my life with above delusions still one day “panic attack struck me”. I was
afraid of everything, I didn’t understand anything. This woman was an angel in
my life “my beautiful roommate” she held my hand and said “Dear, there is
nothing wrong with you. Just accept your feelings as it is and this too will
pass ”. ACCEPT ??? SOME THING WHICH I DON’T UNDERSTAND ?? She convinced me
with her own experiences how she battled her panic attacks.
I was
forced to forget about understanding, because for me to keep one step ahead ; I
have to accept my fear and feelings.
The day
I accepted, is the day I was able to see the light at the end of my tunnel of anxiety.
That day was the turning point of my life, I stopped to see logic for pain and
sufferings, I just forgave and did whatever was possible by me, for the people
who needed support.
That day,
I was able to connect with a lot, many boulders of ignorance was shattered in
my head. I felt relaxed.
That
day, my perception changed.
I learned
that it is not necessary to understand something to accept it;
Sometimes
it’s important to accept so that you can understand.
Today,
when my neighbor knocks our door to accompany her, I just smile at her and say “aunty,
can I come with you till the bus depot”
That
day she said “I feel so light, when someone like you can understand my pain,
which is difficult for me to explain”.
My
circle extended, my life was filled with nice people. I became kinder.
Thanks to my anxiety _/\_
Comments
Post a Comment